Pages

Thursday, July 30, 2009

No Jabber today, so let's talk about the new layout.

We are working on a special Jabber, so in the mean time, there won't be an update. The China Jabber is coming tomorrow, but there is nothing today.

So instead, I wanted to talk about the new layout. This main page looks better and it is packed with more stuff. I might still move stuff around, but I kind of like it. The biggest change is the youtube videos on the left. I come across videos on Youtube all the time and I always want to share them and I feel like I can do that here. Each one is awesome for its own reason, so I encourage you to watch what interests you.

Another change that was introduced a while ago was the label system. Like tags, labels are words that describe a post. So when I speak about my world travel plans, three tags might be China, Singapore and Tokyo. These tags are put into a list that is at the bottom of this page. You can scroll down and see the complete list and just click one that interests you if you want to browse that vast catalog of Jabbers. Likewise, you can use the powerful search tool at the top to find just the one you are looking for.

So yeah, weigh in if you have an issue with the layout and I will take it to heart.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers